Guppy fish and Tetras make good tank mates. Both species of fish can be kept in the same tank. Guppies and Tetras are both peaceful, eat the same food, and tolerate the same tank conditions.
When keeping both guppies and tetras, aim for a 20-gallon fish tank. The more space the better. And, the more fish you have, the larger the aquarium ought to be. Both guppy fish and tetras like to live in schools which means that they swim around together. A 20-gallon aquarium is ideal for 10-15 fish.
Filtration is important when keeping fish in tanks. A filter such as the Aqua Clear – Fish Tank Filter is a good choice for tetras and guppies. It’s an HOB filter that uses a 3-stage filtration mechanism: mechanical, chemical and biological.
- Aquarium refiltration system that offers superior contact time with filter media and energy efficient pump lowers operating costs
- Quick and easy installation, we recommend that you clean aquarium filter every two weeks for maximum operation and efficiency
- Provides optimal mechanical, chemical, and biological filtrations
- Comes equipped with AquaClear Foam, Activated Carbon Filter and BioMax and Cycle Guard for superior water quality
- Filtration volume is up to 7 times larger than comparable fish tank filters
Both guppies and tetras can thrive in the same water conditions. A good heater for your tank like the Eheim Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater is a great investment to maintain stable water temperatures. A temperature around 72-74°F (22-24°C) is perfect for both guppy and tetras.
- Fully submersible
- Thermo safey control protects against running dry
- Will automatically turn off when water level dips too low
- TruTemp dial recalibrates the heater for precise temperature regulation
- Made of shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water
- Guppies and Neon Tetras – Can You Keep Them Together? – Aquarium Nexus – https://www.aquariumnexus.com/guppies-neon-tetras/
- Tetra Tank Mates? – with Guppies? Or Mollies – Video – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IDdnEZEY_g
- What Fish Make Good Guppy Tank Mates?