Females guppies can die after giving birth for any of the following reasons:
It is best to keep your female guppy away from other tank mates while giving birth and after giving birth. Male guppies may harass the female that is already weak after giving birth. This can cause the female to die. Use a breeder box to help keep your guppies safe during the labor process.
- 🏠🏠🏠 Safe and Upgraded Design: Made of High quality cell cast crystal acrylic, Exquisite workmanship, Inner Size for fish to swim : 6.1" x 3.5" x 3.7" ( L x W x H ), Safe and secure for breeding, isolating or acclimating fish, favorable vents allow optimum water flow and easy to observe your baby fish.
- 🏠🏠🏠 Must-have for pregnant fishes: This fish breeder is a Hatchery for viviparous fish, such as bettas, guppies, medaka, ect, can protect new born fry from being eaten, improve the survival rate of juvenile fish.
- 🏠🏠🏠 Multi-functional: This breeder box for fish tank comes with self-contained isolation plate, can reduce danger from aggressive fishes, protect injured fish, small fish, shrimp, and other sea clownfish
- 🏠🏠🏠 Space-saving & Self-floating: This fish isolation box can be secured to the aquarium wall with the suction cups. 2-layer combination does not occupy space.the grating in the bottom prevents soiling of the box by food residues and excrement.
- 🏠🏠🏠 Easy Operation: 3 mins assembly / disassemble for cleaning. (First time may take about 10 mins to remove protection layers from acrylic). Removable divider customize size and number of chambers for different needs
Complications During Pregnancy
Random complications may occur during the birthing process. These are rare and cannot be prevented as no prior knowledge would be available for you to prepare a plan to prevent the death of your guppies.
A sick guppy can give birth but can die soon after due to the previous illness. The female guppy’s immune system will be weak after birth and this can lead to her sickness overcoming her.
Poor Water Conditions
It is important that the water conditions remain the same before, during, and after pregnancy. Maintain the aquarium’s cleanliness, the pH level, and temperature.
- Female guppies die after giving birth! – Aquaria Central – https://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/threads/female-guppies-die-after-giving-birth.14680/
- Female Guppies dying after giving birth – Fish Forums – https://www.fishforums.net/threads/female-guppies-dying-after-giving-birth.11847/
- Guppies Die After Giving Birth – Tropical Fish Forum – https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/guppies-die-after-giving-birth-13442/
- Mother guppies dying after birth??? – The Planted Tank – https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-general-planted-tank-discussion/55130-mother-guppies-dying-after-birth.html