Adult guppies can survive without food for up to 2 weeks. Guppy fry can survive for about 3 days without food. However, there are few things to consider before leaving your tank for such a long time.
Guppies can live without food for weeks, so long as the water conditions are right. If you have guppy fry, you need to feed them at least once a day. So it’s not a good idea to leave fry unattended.
Before You Leave
- A few days before leaving do filter maintenance.
- One day before you leave, do a water change (50-70%).
- Put aquarium lights on a timer (your guppies need to sleep and won’t do so with constant light)
- Get rid of decaying plant matter or dying fish.
Things You’ll Need
- API Quick Start – Use this to add nitrifying bacteria to help keep the colony stable after you perform the huge water change.
- Timer for lights – if you can’t buy a timer then leave the lights off completely and allow for natural light to reach the tank. Your plants need light.
- Automatic Feeder – For guppy fry, automatic feeders are a great option to feed them while you are away.
- Contains one (1) API QUICK START Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Nitrifying Bacteria 16-Ounce Bottle
- Allows instant addition of fish when starting a new aquarium
- Reduces compounds harmful to fish when used routinely
- Helps prevent fish loss in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Use when starting a new aquarium, when adding new fish and when changing water and filter media
- ✓ NO LOOSE PARTS: Unlike classic timers with removable pins, our timer features an easy to use, built-in pin dial that allows you to set your timer by pressing the toggle pins down for ON, or keeping them up for OFF.
- ✓ SAVE ENERGY & MONEY: Our timer can be used to automate most small home appliances. Use on your fans, lamps, hydroponics, coffee machines, and more
- ✓ AUTOMATE YOUR HOME OR OFFICE: Turn on and off lamps, small appliances, Christmas trees, and other electrical devices with a handy timer.
- ✓ VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZABLE: Each pin represents 15 minutes for added customization. Set up to as many as 48 ON/OFF programs to automate your home appliances. Timer can also be used as an interval timer.
- ✓ SAFE & RELIABLE: Our 3-prong, grounded timer outlet is UL listed and rigorously controlled for quality and safety. Rating: 125VAC, 60 Hz, 1875W, 15A Tungsten & Resistive, 1/2HP
- Great For Everyday Use Whether You Are Home Or Away
- Convenient worry-free feeding for healthy fish
- Easy To Set Up And Use And Includes Easy Start Guide
- Integrated Fan And Ventilation System Keeps The Food Dry
- Set It And Let If Feed Your Fish Everyday.Packing dimensions(Width) 2.7 inch,Packing dimensions(Height) 5.87 inch,Packing dimensions(Depth) 3.43 inch
Things To Note
- In some tanks, where microfauna and algae are present, guppy fry can survive for much longer.
- Set the automatic timer to feed the fry once a day.
- How Long Can Guppies Go Without Feeding? | Guppy – Fishlore – https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/how-long-can-guppies-go-without-feeding.414612/