Best Breeder Boxes For Guppy Fish: Breeding guppy fish is straightforward. These colorful little fish breed fast, but the hard part is protecting the baby guppies. Other fish and adult guppies eat their young.
So, it is a good idea to separate adult guppy fish from the fry. When you separate the fry from the adults, you increase their chances of survival. One way to do this is to set up a breeding box for your guppies.
A breeding box is a container that you attach to the main tank. It lets in water but keeps out adult fish. The guppy fry also cannot get out of the breeding box.
Breeder boxes are an essential part of your guppy tank setup if you want to save guppy fry. All the breeder boxes below are affordable and practical choices. They work great for setting up a nursery for your guppies. These are the best breeder boxes for guppies:
Petzilla in-Tank Aquarium Breeder Box for Fish
This breeder box stops adult guppies from attacking baby fish. Not only is it an excellent breeding box for guppies, but it works well for other fish that can share a tank with guppy fish too. For instance, tetras, platies, and mollies.
- This breeder box can prevent the baby fish from the adult fish's attack and improve the survival rate of the baby fish.
- Perfect isolator for aggressive fish, injured fish, small fish, shrimp and other marine fishes. Fishes such as Guppies, Tetras, Platties, Damsel, Clownfish and other small fishes about 1 inch may fit in.
- Petzilla breeding incubator is made of high-quality acrylic, double layers space-saving combination.
- In-tank & adherent hang-on design, side vents allow for optimum water flow.
- Authentic quality & professional breeding divider manufacturer support from Petzilla only.
Boxtech Guppy Fish Tank Breeding Box
This breeding box has a bottom compartment perfect for newborn baby guppies. But, it doubles as a hospital too. It can isolate sick fish from healthy fish and help stop the spread of diseases and parasites. Other uses include separating aggressive fish or bullies from other peaceful fish.
- 🐟Safe materail:Made of safe crystal transparent plastic material,Safe and secure tank for breeding, isolating or acclimating fish,also it is easy to see your baby fish.The size it is 5.2x2.7x2.9 inch,just for small fish.
- 🐟Multi-purpose use:Bottom compartment protects new born fry,it not also can protect the newborn fish,It is also ideal to be sick fish and isolation chamber for pregnant fish.
- 🐟Hatchery breeding for baby:breeding for small baby fish,such as bettas.
- 🐟Self-contained isolation plate:can reduce danger,suitable for isolating diseased,weakened,also can Separate aggressive fish, injured fish, small fish, shrimp, and other sea clownfish.
- 🐟Space saving Self-floating design:with suction cup hangs on the aquarium,2-layer combination does not occupy space.The breeding box can be secured to the aquarium wall with the suction cups.the grating in the bottom prevents soiling of the box by food residues and excrement.
Pet Island Breeding Boxes For Guppy Fish
Like all the other breeding boxes, this is ideal for isolating baby fish from adults. You can also use it to quarantine injured or sick fish as well.
- Unique floating and transparent plastic cover designed to prevent the fish out of the isolation room to protect the newborn fish. It is ideal to be sick fish in fish and isolation space With sucker, anywhere convenient fixed in the tank
- It is a Hatchery for viviparous fish, such as bettas, guppies, medaka, ect. It can Prevent attack from adult fish, improve the survival rate of juvenile fish
- It can Separate aggressive fish, injured fish, small fish, shrimp, and other sea clownfish
- Self-floating design with suction cup, 2-layer combination does not occupy space
- Make sure you put all the pregnant fishes into the incubator! Many people are easy miss some pregnant fishes. In fact, the ventilating hole of the incubator is not visible by the naked eye, and the small fish cannot run out.
Capetsma Fish Breeding Box
Another excellent choice for protecting baby fry from adult fish. Perfect for keeping pregnant guppies until they give birth. The bottom also prevents food residue and waste from escaping into the main tank.
- 🏡🏡🏡 Safe and Upgraded Design: Made of High quality cell cast crystal acrylic with inner size of 3.9" x 2.7" x 2.3", Exquisite workmanship, Safe and secure for breeding, isolating or acclimating fish, favorable vents allow optimum water flow and easy to observe your baby fish.
- 🏡🏡🏡 Must-have for pregnant fishes: This fish breeder is a Hatchery for viviparous fish, such as bettas, guppies, medaka, ect, can protect new born fry from being eaten, improve the survival rate of juvenile fish.
- 🏡🏡🏡 Multi-functional: This breeder box for fish tank comes with self-contained isolation plate, can reduce danger from aggressive fishes, protect injured fish, small fish, shrimp, and other sea clownfish
- 🏡🏡🏡 Space-saving & Self-floating: This fish isolation box can be secured to the aquarium wall with the suction cups. 2-layer combination does not occupy space.the grating in the bottom prevents soiling of the box by food residues and excrement.
- 🏡🏡🏡 Easy Operation: 3 mins assembly / disassemble for cleaning. (First time may take about 10 mins to remove protection layers from acrylic). Removable divider customize size and number of chambers for different needs
Aquarium Fish Breeder Box
Here’s another useful breeder box that can separate the new-born fry from adult fish. It also isolates injured or aggressive fish. It is not plastic or acrylic but mesh.
- Total Size: 26.5 x 15x 16cm / 10.4” x 5.9” x 6.3”(Length*Width*Height); Material: Plastic, Nylon.
- Safely separates new-born fry from other fish, increase the survival rate of juvenile.
- Easily attached to the top of the aquarium by the included suction cups. Isolates injured or aggressive fish, or small fish, shrimp. It can be used as a spawning box for the viviparous fishes.
- Installation: First insert four cylinders into the four corners of the upper and lower frames; The fine mesh is placed from the bottom up to the entire box; Insert the six suction cups into the round holes of the upper frame; Put the isolation net into the water and adsorb it on the glass. The water level should not exceed the upper frame.
- Package Content: 1 x Aquarium Breeder Box, 1 x Nylon Net, 6 x Suction Cup.
Benefits of Using Breeding Boxes
Breeder boxes are cheaper to maintain. It works by using the resources of the main tankâ€”for example, the heater and the filter. These breeder boxes also match the current water parameters of the main tankâ€”for instance, the TDS level, and pH level.
Breeder boxes are convenient because you don’t need to wait for a new aquarium to cycle. You can release the baby guppies in the main tank once they’re big enough.
One thing to note is that a breeder box is a temporary setup. You cannot keep guppy fry in one for too long. It slows down the growth of the baby guppies.
Only keep baby fish in the breeding box for two weeks. After two weeks, you can release the guppy fry into the main tank if there is enough space. Or, you can move the fry to a new tank.
If you don’t have space for a breeder box, you can use a separate tank or add some live plants to provide cover for baby fry. Live plants won’t save all the baby guppies, but it improves their chance of survival.
- DIY Guppy Fish Breeding Box with Plastic Jar and Rubber Bands – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSTDOypTCm8
- DIY Guppy Breeder Boxes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwWhwsU_4I
- DIY Guppy Breeding Box – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWwK3whavg
- How Long Can I Keep a Guppy in a Breeder Box? – Planted Tank – https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/21-fish/621985-how-long-can-i-keep-guppy-breeder-box.html